FrogMan and Pico FrogMan and Pico

I liked the video. Though I think that Newgrounds is basically dead at this point and that isn't really the community's fault. Newgrounds is a site that tries to be a jack of all trade and in the end it really just comes up short in all the things it tries to attempt. Want videos or music? Then Youtube has you covered. Want art? Then Tumblr/Deviantart/Reddit/4chan has you covered. Want games? Well Pcs have evolved integrated graphics to the point where you can have a huge library of free games ready to download at any given time. As for the forums basically any site now a days has a way to communicate to other users. So as much as it pains me Newgrounds doesn't really have much of a foothold on the internet anymore and there isn't really much anyone can do about it.

artistunknown responds:

Well, I wouldn't say it's dead 'cause it still has a thriving community that cares about it. The difference between Newgrounds and the sites you listed is that Newgrounds is the only place that has all of those things, animations, games, art, and music. Not only that, but Newgrounds has really good quality control. With youtube, you can upload anything and it's there, same with deviantart. With Newgrounds though, you upload something and depending on what it is it either goes through the judgement phase or you have to be scouted to actually be a part of that portal. I think it's also a lot easier to get discovered on Newgrounds as opposed to the other sites too, or at least with youtube. If you put a cartoon up on youtube and you're a nobody, it'll get like a couple views in a few months maybe, unless it's a parody or something else that someone would be looking for. Even then, unless it's something insanely popular at that moment like FNAF is right now, it's probably only going to get a few thousand views and a bit of time. On Newgrounds however, with how the judgement system works, you upload something and you're guaranteed a few hundred views within half a day or so. And then depending on how good it is, your cartoon could go on to getting several thousand views in no time, and if it ends up on the front page, it'll get a lot more (in theory). One thing that youtube has over Newgrounds though is the way larger userbase so the people that end up finding a cartoon they like will probably keep going back to it and watching it, or at least, it's more used and a video will become less obscure if it's getting views, whereas on Newgrounds something falls into obscurity after about a week or so unless it had a lot of re-watchability or was made by someone popular.

That's just my perspective, but yeah, Newgrounds has been a bit behind on SOME things, but their team of staff isn't very big so it's understandable why some things take forever to get accomplished, but they're always working on improving Newgrounds and trying to get it back to being close to its former glory it seems.

The community really can help keep up the relevance of the site though. If people would go and watch past the frontpaged stuff every now and then they might find some underrated gems and then they might go and share them with their friends, and who knows, now that underrated gem could be really likable and it'll blow up and now the site gets more traffic. It's not the community alone that can "save" the site, but they are a big part of it.

Gay Tankmen Gay Tankmen

I like this. Full homo.

Dusty-Gorilla responds:

Always go full homo!

Jade vs Liun Kang Fatalit Jade vs Liun Kang Fatalit

I like this flash. But, I felt as if it dragged on for a lil too long. Punch line was great though.

NiN10Doh: ToThe64thPower NiN10Doh: ToThe64thPower

Arrrrugh

Why wont it load!!!!!

Earthworm Jim Collab Earthworm Jim Collab

i liked it

i enjoyed this very much and are u planning to make another?

RicStrife responds:

No, I have stated this many times, tho it is true EWJ was re-released in HD, it does make me want to make another version hahaha

Demon Damien Demon Damien

Old Lady Vs. Chicken Old Lady Vs. Chicken

its funny but

it took longer loading then playing

metroid awesome metroid awesome

heehee

i like how it wiggles

Horsenwelles responds:

wooo

Lucas cant brawl Lucas cant brawl

Horsenwelles responds: